Photo credit to: Veggie Grill
SOUTH LAKE UNION– Veggie Grill, the popular West Coast fast-casual restaurant concept offering craveable and familiar 100-percent plant-based food, announced its first Seattle location will open to the public on Wednesday, August 22. Located in the burgeoning South Lake Union neighborhood at 446 Terry Avenue North, Veggie Grill will soon be serving its wholesome favorites seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. for both lunch and dinner. Another location is planned for University Village this fall.
“Dining habits have evolved in the last seven to 10 years” said Greg Dollarhyde, Chief Energizing Officer (CEO) for Veggie Grill. “Our guests are looking to eat food that is wholesome and clean as well as satisfying – whether they are carnivores or vegetarians. We think the timing is perfect to introduce Veggie Grill to two of Seattle’s most vibrant communities.”
Recently voted “Best American Restaurant” in the LA Times 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards, Veggie Grill puts a new twist on the familiar. The menu offers a full range of soups, salads, burgers, hot sandwiches, home-style plates, desserts and organic teas, all made fresh to order. Everything is plant-based and free of animal fat, dairy, cholesterol, trans fats and high-fructose corn syrup.
- Santa Fe Crispy Chickin’ Sandwich $8.95: Fried chickin’, lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado, and spicy vegan mayo served on a wheat bun, wheat tortilla or “Kale Style”. Veggie Grill’s Chickin’ and Veggie’Steak are specially seasoned and marinated veggie proteins made with soy, wheat and pea protein.
- All Hail Kale Salad $8.75: A surprisingly delicious blend of marinated kale and red cabbage, corn salsa, and agave-roasted walnuts, served with ginger-papaya vinaigrette.
- “Crab” Cake $8.95: Crispy “crab” cake, spiced tartar sauce, pickles, tomato, lettuce and red onion served with a side of red cabbage ‘slaw or chili. Veggie Grill’s dish was selected as “The Best ‘Crab’ Cake in LA” according to Laist.com
- Buffalo Wings $6.95: Crispy chickin’ strips tossed in spicy buffalo sauce with celery sticks and ranch dressing. Veggie Grill’s Buffalo Wings are perfect for sharing.
- The Veggie Grill concept and culinary philosophy are simple,” continued Dollarhyde. “We serve delicious and approachable plant-based food in a friendly and convenient setting. People who try our food for the first time are always surprised to discover they don’t have to sacrifice any of their favorite flavors.”
The spacious 3,000 square-foot restaurant located on Terry Avenue North features modern décor and fast-casual service making it a great choice for a quick business lunch, family dinner and last minute takeout. For large gatherings at the home, office or special event, Veggie Grill also offers easy catering options.
To celebrate Veggie Grill’s arrival to Seattle, the restaurant is inviting local residents to enter to win FREE Veggie Grill for a year! Three grand prize winners will be selected to receive one free entrée each week for a year. An additional 10 prize winners will also receive one Veggie Grill entrée of choice gift card. Enter to win on Facebook.
The South Lake Union restaurant will be the first of two planned in Washington State with a second opening in early fall in University Village at 2681 NE University Street. Additional information and the full menu are available online.
About Veggie Grill
Veggie Grill, headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., is a premium fast-casual restaurant chain that features craveable 100% plant-based soups, salads, burgers, hot sandwiches, and desserts. With a commitment to redefine classic American food and revolutionize the way guests eat, talk, and think about vegetarian food, Veggie Grill currently has 11 locations along the West Coast with additional locations opening soon. Become a fan of Veggie Grill on Facebook or follow on Twitter.