The fourth annual Burns Night Supper is right around the corner on Sunday, January 15. Chef John Sundstrom and the Lark crew will be joined by whatever and ever a men, a local choral project, for a night of Scottish food, the poetry and music of Robert Burns, and even a special Scotch ale brewed by Naked City Brewing. The dinner will be held in Lark’s Off the Record private dining space at 6:30pm—tickets, which include dinner and drinks, are $100 and can be purchased here: www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2626477
Here’s the menu:
- Smoked Oysters with dill butter and brown bread
- Elk and Pork Country Paté with mustard and apple chutney
- Dinah’s Cheese with quince and walnut toast
- Black Cod Cullen Skink with smoked potatoes, melted leeks, and black trumpet mushrooms
- Lamb Tasting: chop, braised shank, and haggis with neeps and tatties
- Vegetarian: Rockwell bean, mushroom, and root vegetable stew, with herb brown butter breadcrumbs
- Cranachan of toasted oats, honey whiskey whipped cream, coast cranberries
- Mopsy’s Best, Stilton, and Abbey de Belloc with oat crackers
Join in to sing along and brighten the winter, Scottish-style. Read more about the choir here: www.whateverchoir.org/burns
Opened in 2003, and relocated to the Central Agency Building in December of 2014, Lark is an artisan-focused restaurant in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. Chef John Sundstrom, a James Beard Award-winner, is known for his intimate knowledge and deft use of the Northwest’s unique ingredients and has created the perfect place to celebrate the bounty of the region. The menu changes with the seasons, highlighting the best tastes available, and the elegant dining room won Restaurant Design of the Year at the Seattle Design Awards in 2015. Dinner is served daily from5pm to 11pm. Weekend brunch is on from 10am to 2pm. There is additional seating and a raw bar on Lark’s mezzanine, lofted above the dining room, and Off The Record, a private event space, is located below. For more information and reservations, please call 206.323.5275 or visit www.larkseattle.com.
Lark is located at 952 East Seneca Street in Seattle, Washington.