By Charles Koh
On April 27th, 2013, EMP unveiled its newest exhibit to the world called FANTASY: Worlds of Myth and Magic. For those that aren’t too familiar, not to worry. The new exhibit brings to life the epic tales of the fantasy genre with rare artifacts from literature, film, television, and comics, including costumes and props from The Princess Bride, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and original hand-edited manuscript pages from J.R.R Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. You can also experience state-of-the-art interactive installations and explore fantasy archetypes and create fantasy world maps.
VIP guests had the opportunity to experience Wolfgang Puck Catering prior to the exhibit unveiling with popular figures such as: Terry Brooks (New York Times bestselling author), Karen Falk (historian and head archivist for The Jim Henson Company) and Mark Ordesky (executive producer of the Academy Award-winning The Lord of the Rings film trilogy).
Guests enjoyed delicious fantasy themed dishes which included…
- Smegle’s Salmon Salad, Chopped Romaine, PNW Salmon, The One Ring Pickled Onion
- Wicked Flying Monkey Wings, Kansas BBQ Wings
- The Shire Market Basket, Heirloom Carrots, French Breakfast Radish, Colorful
- Cauliflower, Herb Emulsion
- Forest Vegetable Skewers, Roasted Potatoes, Mushrooms, Onions
- Golden Snitch Pops, Honey Cake, Indonesian Cinnamon, Vanilla
- Butter Beer