The September Feast at Tavolàta celebrates the wonderful flavors of the Mediterranean with a menu that travels though Spain, France, and Italy. Chef Addam Buzzalini starts the September 7 meal in Malaga with a summer gazpacho and moves though Spain’s coastal cities before going on to France and its island of Corsica for fresh oysters. After France, it’s over to Italy for two classic hearty dishes, then a beautiful dessert from Malta!
Dinner is $65 per person and as the Sunday Feasts often sell out, reservations are required.
Here’s the menu:
- Malaga Porra Anteguerana: tomato gazpacho with air-cured ham
- Valencia Arros amb Costra: hand-made sausages with red pepper sauce and a fried egg
- Barcelona Tapas: country olives, prawns with garlic, smoked mussels, and 18-month Manchego with tomato-rubbed crostini and olive oil
- Marseille Bouillabaisse with local fish and shellfish and traditional rouille toast
- Corsica Freshly-shucked oysters, cured meats, and grilled Loupe de Mer with peppers and onions
- Sardinia Wild Boar Ragu with fregola sarda
- Rome Tripe stewed in tomato sauce with Pecorino Romano
- Malta Goat Cheese Panna Cotta with smoked local honey, king figs, and pastry
Dinner will be served family style at the communal table (tavolàta) where seating is limited to 26 guests. Dinner begins at 6pm and the cost is $65 per person. Reservations are required. Please call 206.838.8008 to reserve your spot.
2014 Sunday Feasts – SAVE THE DATE
October 12 — Duck, Squab, & Quail
November 2 — Braised Meats
December 7 — Lobster
Opened in January of 2007 by chef Ethan Stowell, Tavolàta is an urban Italian eatery located at 2323 Second Avenue in Seattle’s bustling Belltown neighborhood. Sublime house made pastas, simple Italian cuisine, and a 30-foot communal table (tavolàta) that runs down the center of the narrow room keeps the crowds coming back. Tavolàta offers a full bar and a selection of Northwest and Italian wines. Tavolàta serves dinner seven nights a week from 5pm to 11pm. A happy hour bar menu is offered from 5pm – 7pm every evening. Tavolàta has a small patio for seasonal dining. For more information or reservations, call 206.838.8008 or visit www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com.