The Kaisho team has relaunched Kaisho Restaurant in Capitol Hill with an asian street style theme, leaner menu, farm-to-table focus, and with the talented executive chef Kalen Schramke who moved over from the original Kaisho in Bellevue.
- Sake cart: Kaisho guests can sample and try a number of different types of sake (dry, sweet to spicy) as it’s being wheeled around the restaurant. Guests can order from a list of over 40 sakes and also purchase sake flights.
- Spices: If you are a person who love spicy, and yes I’m talking about those who ask for Sriracha everywhere you go, executive chef Kalen Schramke has made is own sauces that will turn up the heat. We like to keep this a little secret, but go ahead and ask and he’ll bring out some samples for you.
- Menu: The menu is far more simplified than its previous location in Bellevue, one page for dishes, one page for drinks. Pick from a range of dim sum items, noodles, meat, and vegetable plates.
Here are some dishes we recommend:
- Thai style fried chicken: This is an absolute MUST, seriously, if you love chicken, you’re about to be in heaven. The chicken is local from mt. vernon hormone free. Give yourself 20 minutes to cook as it’s made fresh to order. Take a look at pictures here.
- House smoked brisket gyoza: There’s something about these that make us wanting more. It’s different than your traditional gyoza as it’s filled with a savory house smoked brisket that is full of flavor and the red dragon sauce make’s it that much better.
- Potato cheddar dumpling: This is a magical dumpling, each bite will make you see rainbows. The combination of the creme fraiche and house-made bacon is full of flavor.
- Beef short ribs noodles: If you’re craving noodles, this is a must too. The coconut braised beef is super tender and has a great sweet flavor to it, combine that with the chillies, peanuts and dandelion greens, you’ll want more of it.
- Bao burger: The Kaisho experience isn’t complete without trying this burger. Your typical bread is replaced by a soft, sweet steam bun and wedged in between is a juicy, ground beef burger with shoe string onions, special sauce. This goes great with some extra hot sauce.