The PNW summer travel season is in full swing with vacationers heading out of town to Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, Lake Chelan or off the beaten path to camp. In our connected city, people have a strong tendency to bring work on vacation through technology.
In a recent survey conducted by Verizon Wireless, 54% of people plan to work while they are on vacation, yet 40% admitting to getting an early jump on vacation by pretending to work from home.
For more insights on how people are staying connected this summer see the below data or this infographic.
- 73% check email on vacation to alleviate the stress of returning to work with a full inbox
- 77% plan to limit the amount of time they spend on their mobile tech while traveling
- 51% will use mobile devices to stay connected to family and friends at home
- 15% use mobile tech to book travel (airfare, hotel, rental car)
- 28% say they’ll be disconnected by accident via damage to their devices:
- 48% expect a drop to cause the damage
- 25% say water will be the culprit