Father’s Day, June 19, is less than a week away! Some of Seattle and Bellevue’s favorite food spots are making dads feel as special as moms on Mother’s Day – deservingly so! Celebrate dad with a wide array of options from pig roasts to German Father’s Day dishes, gift ideas and more!
Fuel up to start the day at Agrodolce! Award-winning chef Maria Hines offers a 3-course brunch menu designed especially for dad, with sweet and savory options he will love, including:
– Stone Fruit Plate with Washington cherry, apricot, Greek yogurt and granola– Grilled Bavette Steak and Eggs with crispy potato cake, green tomato agrodolce and fried pardon– Limoncello Sorbetto with fennel frond and toasted Hazelnut
The three-course menu is available 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., $30 per person. Reservations are recommended and can be made by visiting agrodolcerestaurant.net or calling 206.547.9707. Agrodolce is located in Fremont at 709 N. 35th Street, Seattle.
Skip the tie this year and indulge in a German feast instead! Traditionally, in German villages, fathers were carried in wooden carts to the village’s plaza where the mayor would award a big piece of ham to the father who had the most children. Thankfully, you don’t have to have the most children to continue this delicious tradition at Altstadt!
– Eisbein – Dad’s own personal ham! Cured and smoked pork served with smashed potatoes, sauerkraut and mustards, $20
– Weissen-sauer – Falling around Bourbon Week, Altstadt has concocted a cocktail with bourbon, lemon, orange marmalade, hefe-weissbier and orange bitters, $10
– Beer flights: an array of flight options to suit taste preferences, including Light Flight, Dark Flight, and German Flight, featuring four German beers ranging from the soft and dry Reissdorf Kolsch to sweet caramel malt of Bayreuther Aktien Zwick’l to the full flavored amber lager Benediktiner Marzen and malty, full-bodied dark Kostritzer Bock.
Altstadt opens at 11 a.m. The full lunch and dinner menus can be viewed at altstadtseattle.com. Reservations can be made by calling 206.602.6442. Altstadt is located in Pioneer Square at 209 1st Ave South, Seattle. I can send you the fully detailed beer flights if you’re interested.
Bell + Whete Gastropub + Events
Dad definitely won’t leave Bell + Whete hungry this Father’s Day! Chef Jenny Izaguirre has created dad-pleasing holiday specials for the whole family.
– Father’s Day Whole Pig Roast: juicy, fall-apart pork from Heritage Meats is roasted whole at Bell + Whete then served plated with Turkish-spiced potatoes and grilled corn with garlic scape pesto, $24 per person– House Made Corned Beef Sausage Grinder with Fermented Kraut, Beer Mustard, Fries, $10– 12 oz. New York Steak with confit morels, sweet shallots and smoked chili hollandaise, $34. Crab Crusted add $8
Bell + Whete opens at 11 a.m. with their weekend brunch menu and pig roast special. Dinner begins 4 p.m., Reservations can be made at bellandwhete.com or by calling 206.538.0180. Bell + Whete Gastropub + Events is located in Belltown at 200 Bell Street, Seattle.
Local 360 Café & Bar
Now open for brunch daily, Local 360 invites dad to sink his teeth into their sustainable menu items including:
– Butcher’s Grind House Burger with house-made red pepper relish and aioli, please add price– Buttermilk Biscuits and Southern Fried Chicken smothered in sausage gravy, $13
Brunch runs from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Father’s Day and dad can pair his hearty meal with Local 360’s locally-sourced beers and spirits for a Father’s Day to remember. View their full brunch menu and make reservations at local360.org or call 206.441.9360. Local 360 Cafe & Bar is located in Belltown at 2234 1st Avenue, Seattle.
Ray’s Boathouse & Cafe
Make this Father’s Day a one-of-a-kind celebration on the waterfront at Seattle’s iconic seafood restaurant. Ray’s will be serving fresh and flavorful specials from 4:30 – 9:30 p.m. in the Boathouse, and 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. in the Café.
– Boathouse: Sirloin and Half Lobster Tail, grilled 7-ounce sirloin and butter poached half lobster with fried old bay potatoes and corn on the cob, $45
– Café: Half-Rack Rib Plate with house-made barbeque sauce, battered dipped fries and coleslaw, $19– Both the Boathouse and Café will be serving S’mores Panna Cotta for $8 to treat dad to dessert
Boathouse reservations are strongly recommended and can be made by calling 206.789.3770 or by visiting rays.com/rays-boathouse-reservation.html. Café reservations are also strongly recommended and can be made by calling 206.782.0094 or by visiting rays.com/rays-cafe-reservation.html. Ray’s Boathouse and Café are located in Ballard at 6049 Seaview Avenue Northwest, Seattle.
Whisk, Bellevue’s kitchenware, bakeware, barware and unique tabletop retailer and cooking class venue, has plenty of options for dad, from unique and exciting gifts to top-notch cooking classes!
Gifts for Dad
– The Smoking Gun; a hand held Food Smoker essential for any dad that loves to smoke or cook, $138– The Art of the Bar: Cocktails Inspired by the Classics by Jeff Hollinger and Rob Schwartz, $29.95– Rösle16-inch BBQ Grill Tongs, $40– Long Stem Martini Glasses by Fortessa, $12 each or a box of 6, $72
Cooking Classes for Dad
– Mediterranean on the Grill – The Fundamentals, June 18– Land meets Sea in this hands on grilling class where you and dad will learn how to grill the prefect steak, grilled shrimp and how to make the most of your grill to prepare stone fruit for dessert. Dad will also learn how to make two important Mediterranean staples: summer sauces and salads prepared with fresh herbs and veggies ripe from the garden. 6:30 – 9 p.m., $95 per person.
– Father’s Day Three-Course Dinner Party, June 19 – Treat dad to a delicious meal and hands-on cooking class this on Father’s Day. Chef Aaron Tekulve will teach you and dad professional tricks of the trade to recreate a signature flavor-layered recipes at home. You’ll make a three-course dinner including Roasted Lamb Chops with English peas and toasted garlic mint yogurt, then sit to enjoy dinner. 5 – 8 p.m., $110 per person.
– Raise the Bar – Mixology Class, June 28 – A great gift idea, Whisk welcomes expert mixologist, Tammy Spears, to share her craft for creating the perfect cocktail hour at home. Dad will learn how to build a sophisticated, well-stocked bar, then roll up his sleeves and make his own cocktails and enjoy the fruits of his bar-tending labor. 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., $75 per person.