Girin Steakhouse to celebrate one of Korea’s oldest traditions, Makgeolli
Girin Steakhouse is hosting its first MAKGEOLLI Party filled with traditional Korean food and drinks! After waiting a year-and-a-half, Girin has finally been approved to sell their home-brewed makgeolli to the public.
From the modern decor to the expression of each dish, Girin is at the forefront of changing the way people experience Korean cuisine. The flavors are extended throughout the dining experience giving you an elevated, yet authentic, Korean culinary experience.
What is Makgeolli (막걸리)? It’s a slightly sweet alcoholic beverage native to Korea. It is made from rice or wheat mixed with nuruk, a Korean fermentation starter. It has a milky, off-white color and is about 6–8% alcohol by volume. Makgeolli is traditionally made from rice, although variations are made from wheat, and some brands are flavored with corn, chestnut, apple or other produce.
Attendees will get to enjoy unlimited home-brewed makgeolli and two drink vouchers for the bar.
Food will be unlimited too because what’s a party without good food.
- assorted kimchi
- kalbi – grilled pear and soy marinated short rib steak, pickled perilla leaves
- samgyeopsal – grilled pork belly, gochujang grilled apples
- snoqualmie valley aspen hollows lamb – makgeolli ginger braised leg of lamb & spicy perilla rub roasted lamb shoulder
- peking duck – pan-roasted breast & gochujang/scallion duck sausage
- gung jung tteokbokki – crispy rice cakes, wild and cultivated mushrooms, soy-glaze
- mandu – pork & beef or carrot, radish, potato, pickled horseradish
- fried oyster – taylor shellfish pacific oyster, gochujang mayo
- hotteok – cinnamon walnut pancakes, chocolate sauce, persimmon compote
DJ Fever will be spinning K-pop/hip-hop (and some old classics), unlimited photo booth and more!
Price: $95 per person, tickets must be purchased in advance, space is limited.
Buy tickets here.
Directions: 501 Stadium Place South Seattle 98104
Event is 21+. Limited availability.