Photography by Truong Nguyen
Tulio celebrates 25 years in Seattle. Inside the Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, you’ll find one of Seattle’s best Italian restaurants in the country, noted by Travel + Leisure magazine.
Executive Chef Walter Pisano, who named the restaurant after his father, John Tulio Pisano, has been at the helm since the start in 1992, creating his signature Italian dishes – with nod to his New Jersey upbringing – and providing gracious service along with a dynamic energy that just makes you feel good to be part of. We spoke with Chef Walter Pisano and he provided us with some insider tips.
Pro Tips from the Chef:
- Chicken, Roasted, caramelized garlic, sage, lemon risotto – Has been on the menu since Day 4. A classic dish that has been a Chef’s favorite from the beginning.
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Sage butter, mascarpone – Chef was going to pull this item off the menu but was so popular he found sweet potato suppliers who could supply it year round long. This is a must order.
- Grappa and Coffee – After a meal, Chef Walter Pisano’s father would drink this.
- Seasonal Ingredients – Chef selects and uses ingredients that are always in season to maximize the flavor profile and support sustainability.
- Best Tomatoes are from New Jersey – They are sweeter and riper.
Guests will be able to reserve a seat to celebrate the achievement throughout the month of September inside the restaurant – a special menu, chances to win and a special Tulio anniversary blend from Caffé Vita will be available. Just give the restaurant a call to make reservations.
Special Menu: Celebrating 25 Years with John Tulio Pisano’s Italian favorites
- Baccala Fritto Salsa verde, fines herbes
- Linguine Local clams, preserved lemon, chili flakes, garlic breadcrumbs
- Col Solare Wine Flight Assorted varietals of Chef Walter’s favorite Washington wine
- Formaggi Assorted cheeses with seasonal accompaniments
- Caffè Corretto Espresso with grappa
- Caffé Vita x Tulio 25th Anniversary Blend
Silver Anniversary Scratch Card: Tulio honors tradition every day, and 25 years means we celebrate with silver. Every guest that dines during the month of September will receive a custom scratch card with a variety of offerings hidden underneath the silver opaque covering. Treats such as complimentary bubbles, dessert, appetizers and more will be revealed, to redeem at the next visit to Tulio.
Caffé Vita x Tulio 25th Anniversary Blend: Hand-picked by their lead roaster to pair with Chef Walter’s menu, this unique Organic blend of East Timor + Natural Process Ethiopia Yirgaceffe is present with vibrant hints of berry and medium body acidity.
- The special blend will be served as the coffee blend in the restaurant for the month of September, and fresh beans will be available for purchase. It’s also the blend that will be used for the Caffé Corretto drink in the anniversary menu.