We’re one week away from the grand opening of Cloud Nine Creamery inside Westfield’s Southcenter Mall. A public ribbon cutting will take place at 12 PM on February 16th, 2018. Cloud Nine Creamery will focus on mixing various ingredients into a bowl where liquid nitrogen is added to give the ice cream an incredible texture.
Unlike traditional ice cream, Cloud Nine Creamery ice cream is exceptionally smooth, fresh and creamy. The secret is all in the rapid freezing of the mixture. The liquid nitrogen causes the fat and water particles to stay very small, giving Cloud Nine ice cream its extra creamy consistency.
Nitrogen is a gas and 78 percent of the air we breathe. Add a little magic (I mean science!) and it turns into a liquid using a process called the Joule-Thomson Effect. Liquid nitrogen is nontoxic, odorless, tasteless and 100 percent safe.
How Cloud Nine Works
Start with a Base: Dairy, Yogurt or Vegan (Coconut)
- Pick your Flavor: Strawberry, Raspberry, Lychee, Coconut, Mint, Cherry, Green Tea, Vanilla, Cookie ‘N Cream, Double Chocolate, Cake Batter, Nutella, Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter, Butter Pecan, Coffee, Pistachio
- Add some Mix-ins: Granola, Peanuts, Pecans, Almonds, Cookie Dough, Whipped Cream, Boba, Bananas, Gummy Bears, Brownie, Strawberries, Berries, Marshmallows, Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter, Sprinkles, Teddy Grahams, White Chocolate, M&Ms, Oreo Cookies, Snickers, Heath Bar, Kit Kat, Twix, Nutella, Reese’s Minis, Butterfinger. Additional mix-in $0.75
- Choose a Size: Regular cups ($6.50), Large Cups ($7.50) or Pint ($9.50)
Cloud Nine Menu Highlights
- Signature Dishes: Can’t decide on a custom mix? Let Cloud Nine Nitros serve you a signature dish featuring treats such as New York cheesecake, apple pie, Ube cheesecake, espresso, Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, birthday cake and more. Seasonally, Cloud Nine will celebrate additional flavors with signature dishes like s’mores, pumpkin and pineapple.
- Remember eating french fries with that favorite ice cream treat or maybe even dipping your fries in your ice cream? Cloud Nine also offers a signature dish of Chips & Cream for the perfect sweet and salty combo.
- Waffles: Have your ice cream in a fresh-baked Liege waffle bowl or cone (you can even get it dipped in chocolate) or topped with amazing deliciousness like Strawberries & Cream.
- Sauces: Top off your Cloud Nine creation with Chocolate Fudge, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Cherry, Caramel or Seasonal flavors in a Sauce Syringe for $1 each or four for $3.
- Sides: Shakes ($6.75), Fountain Drinks ($2.75), Coffee ($3.50), French Fries ($4.50)
Cloud Nine has partnered with Northwest businesses to help make the magic and science of liquid nitrogen ice cream happen.
- Alki Bakery (alkibakery.com) of Seattle provides signature goodies such as cheesecake, brownies and apple pie. Look for future announcements about delish new treats that Alki is whipping up exclusively for Cloud Nine.
- Off the Waffle (offthewaffle.com) from Eugene and Portland, Ore. brings the aroma of authentic Liège, Belgium waffle cones to Cloud Nine. Unlike traditional waffle cones found in most ice cream shops, Off the Waffle cones are made from dough balls instead of poured on a hot iron.
- NORPAC (norpac.com) is a cooperative of family-owned Oregon farms providing all the local and organic strawberries, bananas, and mixed berries served at Cloud Nine.
- Caffé D’arte (caffedarte.com) offers espresso for drinks (caffeinated and decaf) as well as Cloud Nine signature dishes, such as Vanilla Coffee Carmel – a shot of espresso, fresh cream, caramel, whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel over the top.
Along with the Ribbon Cutting, Cloud Nine is offering Nine Days, Nine Offers!
- Friday, February 16 – GRAND OPENING GOLDEN TICKETS
Nine random winners will receive one year of free ice cream (one regular ice cream per week) if they are lucky enough to discover a golden ticket on the bottom of their cup!
- Saturday, February 17 – NINE EARLY BIRDS
The early bird gets free ice cream. The first nine guests at Cloud Nine Creamery will receive a free regular ice cream.
- Sunday, February 18 – SAUCY SUNDAY
Get one free flavored sauce syringe to top off your ice cream purchase. Flavors include Chocolate Fudge, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Cherry, Caramel and seasonal offerings.
- Monday, February 19– NITRO UPGRADE
- The only thing better than Cloud Nine Ice Cream is more of it! Get more on Monday when you upgrade your ice cream one size for free.
- Tuesday, February 20 – MIX-IN MANIA
Go nuts, get fruity or satisfy your chocolate candy craving with one free mix-in when you buy a regular ice cream.
- Wednesday, February 21 – OFF THE WAFFLE WEDNESDAY
Experience the authentic, housemade Belgium waffles at Cloud Nine when you get a free waffle bowl with any ice cream purchase.
- Thursday, February 22 – SHAKE IT UP
Our ice cream bowls and cones aren’t the only items to get mix-ins. Shake it up by adding a free mix-in with any shake purchase.
- Friday, February 23 – DATE NIGHT BOGO
Love and ice cream are made to share. Bring a loved one and buy one Strawberries & Cream Waffle. They’ll also get one free!
- Saturday, February 24 – TAKE A CHOCOLATE DIP
On the ninth day of Cloud Nine’s grand opening, the Nitros dip your waffle bowl in chocolate for free with any ice cream purchase.
Directions: Westfield Southcenter Mall (Located in between Sears and Din Tai Fung), 191 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, Wash.
Courtesy of Cloud Nine Creamery / Blue Rose Photography.