Aerlume Shines with Stunning Puget Sound Views, Pike Place Market Neighborhood Vibrancy and Seasonal, Regional Cooking
Fire & Vine Hospitality is proud to announce that Aerlume will be welcoming its first guests on December 26th, 2018. Located at 2003 Western Avenue in the Marketplace building, Aerlume is just steps from Seattle’s Pike Place Market. Currently open for happy hour and dinner from 4-10pm daily, lunch and weekend brunch service will begin in early 2019. Walls of windows and outdoor spaces frame dramatic Elliott Bay views, while live fire elements beckon, warm and welcome. Inspired by deeply-rooted connections with local farmers and providers, the menu highlights the pure flavors found in the seasonal bounty of the Pacific Northwest. The name Aerlume is a nod to the light and air of the space itself, and also for the value of an heirloom within a family and the farming community.
General Manager Noel Romero is a Fire & Vine Hospitality veteran and leads the exceptional service team with his welcoming spirit.
GATHER: Aerlume is designed to showcase the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest
- The design features colors and materials inspired by our landscape with a cozy ambiance to evoke a feeling of retreat and intimacy with earth, air, water and fire elements
- Stunning views from every seat in the restaurant and bar
- Ceiling height windows open to Puget Sound breezes on warm days
- Outdoor seating in the front patio is set back from Western Avenue for privacy but still feels part of the vibrant Pike Place Market neighborhood
- Western-facing covered deck provides sunset views and sounds of Elliott Bay
- 20-seat indoor fire table provides a gathering place and a spectacular focal point to the dining room
- Black walnut tables are custom made by The Knottingham Woodshop in south Puget Sound. https://theknottinghamwoodshop.com/
- Expansive open kitchen creates a sense of energy
- Aerlume will be a perfect spot to watch the removal of the Seattle viaduct in 2019
- Architect/Designer – Skidmore Janette
- Contractor – Wilcox Construction
HONOR: Delicious ingredients prepared with care
Executive chef Maggie Trujillo and Chef Jason Wilson worked together to create a menu inspired by the changing array of seasonal ingredients prepared with vibrant flavors and seasonings. Maggie describes her cooking style as “clean, comforting and creative.”
My top pick for the main entree goes to the Grilled Beef Short Rib which hands down was the best thing I ate. Fork tender, flavorful, and paired pleasantly with a full body cabernet.
Here is a preview of the menu:
- King Salmon Gravlax and Roe with Tarragon Crème Fraiche and Grapefruit Mustard
- Chicken Liver Mousse, Spicy Nuts, Truffle Honey, Mulled Apples
- Crispy Cauliflower with Golden Raisin and Caper Salsa, Red Curry Yogurt and Fresh Herbs
- Duck Confit, Poached Duck Egg, Broccoli Rabe, Black Trumpet Pappardelle
- Grilled Beef Short Rib, Pastrami Spice, Homemade “Kraut”, Potato Puree and Cabernet Sauce
- Roasted Black Cod, Lemon Chile Spinach, Hen of the Woods Mushroom and Octopus Gravy
- Carrot Cake, Mascarpone, Vanilla Gingerbread Ice Cream and Candied Pecans
- Butterscotch Vanilla Pudding, Caramelized Bananas, Banana Bread
PRESERVE: Local Connections and Partnerships
- Custom Artwork and Votive Candles: Billy and Piper O’Neill of Glass Eye Studios in Ballard
- Culinary Partners: Our menus benefit from close connections with Sound Sustainable Farms, Tonnemaker Farms, Frog Hollow Farms, Taylor Shellfish, Niman Ranch, Proven Bakery, Fundamental Coffee Co. and many more.
- Fall City Farms: The Fire & Vine culinary team is working closely on a custom farming operation with Amanda Marino, of Fall City Farms to complement the menus at each location and develop plans for preserving the best of each season to serve throughout the year.
REVEL: Private Dining and Events
Sweeping Elliott Bay views, spaces warmed by live fire, seasonal menus and exceptional service define events at Aerlume. Two glass-enclosed private dining rooms open to views of the Puget Sound, the Olympic Mountains and the Seattle waterfront. Groups of up to 20 can gather around the interior fire table. Whether guests are looking for an intimate space for a business lunch or a large holiday party, Aerlume will accommodate up to 250 guests. Carly McGovern is the Event Director for Aerlume and AQUA by El Gaucho.
Experienced and Positive Leadership
- Noel Romero, General Manager – Noel Romero is a hospitality veteran and brings a positive leadership and management style to his role at Aerlume, as well as deep knowledge of the Fire & Vine Hospitality service standard. In 2014, Noel joined the El Gaucho Tacoma team and was quickly promoted to captain at El Gaucho Seattle, managing both the bar and wine programs over a two-year period. He became general manager at El Gaucho Tacoma in 2017 and Aerlume General Manager in 2018. Read more about Noel
- Maggie Trujillo, Executive Chef – Maggie earned her Culinary Arts degree from Le Cordon Bleu at the Western Culinary Institute in Portland, OR in 2004 and is a creative, committed leader in the kitchen. She worked for the Portland Hilton Hotel before moving to Ashland, OR and Lela’s, Chateaulin and Caldera Brewing Company. Maggie’s experience working with a true farm-to-table restaurant began in 2014 when she joined Larks Restaurant at the Inn at the Commons in Medford, OR. She joined Fire & Vine Hospitality in October 2018. Read more about Maggie
- Lonnie Anderson, Captain and Spirits Director – Lonnie joined El Gaucho Bellevue in 2008. He was quickly promoted to Captain and helped build the successful private dining and bar programs. He was eventually tapped to run the Spirits Syndicate for all of Fire & Vine Hospitality. Lonnie is known for creating cocktails with a nod to history using fresh, local ingredients.
About Fire & Vine Hospitality:
The Fire & Vine Hospitality team is responsible for overall operational leadership, culinary expertise and product sourcing, marketing and technology support for each of the properties in the company: El Gaucho Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma and Portland; AQUA by El Gaucho; The Inn at El Gaucho, Miller’s Guild, The Lakehouse, Civility & Unrest, Eritage Resort, Walla Walla Steak Co., Crossbuck Brewing and Aerlume, located steps from Pike Place Market. The Revelers Club is the industry’s most generous loyalty program designed to reward and honor our guest’s loyalty and provide benefits at each Fire & Vine property. Free to join, the Revelers Club shares birthday and anniversary gifts at each level of the program and members receive points for every dollar spent.
Each Fire & Vine Hospitality property is unique to the community it serves but all share the following attributes.
- Service – We provide every guest with a unique, unparalleled experience. We revel in celebrating lives.
- Quality – Our mission is to source the best in the world for our guests to enjoy.
- Community – Building a strong community through financial giving and sharing time and resources is a core company value.