Starting Sept 1, organic new American food won’t be the only thing to be celebrated at Wallingford’s Tilth restaurant. Chef Owner Maria Hines is announcing her new Tilth Wine Club.
These food-friendly, off-the-beaten path wines are curated by Tilth’s own certified sommelier, Andre Godsil. Not your typical producer-style wine club, there is no sign-up fee, and Tilth’s take-no-prisoners approach allows guests to follow their monthly whims to opt in or out on two- or four-bottle purchases.
The wine club selections come from Godsil’s love of far flung varieties and regions—the stuff rarely if ever found on supermarket shelves or other restaurant lists. Tasting so much worthy wine is tough on a guy who can’t fit them all on Tilth’s wine list, but in Tilth Wine Club these somm picks get some well-deserved limelight.
Hines’ tried-and-tested food pairing recommendations are also on the fun, approachable tasting notes for each monthly offering. Best for last: it’s very affordable! The two-bottle club totals around $45/mo., while four-bottles total around $100/mo. on average.
How it works:
· Subscribe by calling Tilth at 206.633.0801.
· Check out the monthly email offering, and opt in or out to purchase
· Pick up your wines at the restaurant
· Drink and enjoy!
Sept. 1 Tilth Wine Club lineup:
· 2018 Landhaus-Mayer Grüner Veltliner, Niederosterreich
· 2017 Clement et Florian Berthier Pinot Noir, Coteaux du Giennois
· 2016 Arnaud Lambert “Terres Rouge” Cabernet Franc, Saumur-Champigny
· 2017 Anne Amie Winemakers Selection Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley