Founded in 2005
Kitchen Door is established and successful with nearly a decade in business. As a working mother and wife, Susie Lane understands the struggle to have dinner ready for her family each night, not to mention the morning rush of packing those school lunches.
After coming home night after night to an empty fridge, and panicking about “what’s for dinner,” Susie decided to do something about it. After several years as a successful personal chef, she transformed her business into a home meal delivery business in 2009 with the goal of helping more customers like herself reconnect around the dinner table.
With today’s non-stop stimulus – texting, emails, iPads, etc. – the dinner hour has become an endangered species. Susie and Kitchen Door Meals help bring it back so that families can learn about each other’s day, once again.
Kitchen Door Team
The Kitchen Door team of culinary experts includes renowned chefs who create the meals and assist with recipe development.
· Will Hanson: WildFin American Grill, Tacoma (formerly Skillet Diner, Capitol Hill; RockCreek Seafood and Spirits; Toulouse Petit, Urbane, Ray’s Boathouse)
· George Chadwick: Skillet Diner, Ballard (formerly Bottle House)
· Diego Galeana: Skillet Diner, Capitol Hill (formerly Pop Kitchen and Blue Acre)
Seasonal and Locally Sourced
All Kitchen Door meals feature Northwest farms, ranchers and other producers as much as possible. Kitchen Door cooks with seasonal and locally-grown food that’s bursting with flavor—and good for you. Every week brings a new menu based on what’s fresh and seasonal.
Meals are prepared fresh and delivered right to your door to sustain you all week long. Kitchen Door Meals delivery day is Tuesday of each week. Orders may be made through Saturday at 9 pm, the weekend prior to the delivery date. Order only when you want, there is no weekly commitment.
Breakfast, Fresh Entrees, Frozen Meals, Soups & Salads, Kids and Sweet. Many meals are available as healthier Fit Meals, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegetarian.
Bento Kid’s Lunch Boxes for Back to School
Kitchen Door offers a rotating menu of lunch boxes with 2-3 available each week.
· Cheese and Crackers: Cheddar cheese slices, crackers, deli meat cut to fit crackers, fruit, chocolate chip cookie.
· Chicken Salad with Crackers: House made chicken salad with crackers, fruit, veggies and ranch dip, chocolate chip cookie.
· Turkey Roll Up: Turkey deli meat, cream cheese, tortilla, fruit cup, veggies and hummus, cookie.
· Bagel Sandwich: Plain mini bagel, cream cheese, turkey, veggies and ranch, fruit, cookie.
· Quesadillas: Cheese or Cheese and Chicken with salsa, fruit, cookie.
· Mini Flat Bread Pizza: Flat bread, pepperoni (plain cheese available), mozzarella, fruit, cookie.
· Ham Sandwich on Wheat Bread: Fruit (strawberries or grapes), vegetables and ranch dip, cheese stick, chocolate chip cookie.
· Turkey Sandwich on Wheat Bread: Fruit (strawberries or grapes), vegetables and ranch dip, cheese stick, chocolate chip cookie.
· Almond or Nut Butter and Jelly on Wheat Bread: Fruit (strawberries or grapes), vegetables and ranch dip, cheese stick, chocolate chip cookie.
Options include family servings for four people and single servings.
Kitchen Door Meals are convenient and ready when you are. No fuss, no mess. Simply heat and enjoy.
Delivery areas include Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Sammamish, Kirkland, Redmond, Mercer Island, Newcastle, Renton, Bothell, Edmonds and more. For a full list of zip codes, visit http://www.kitchendoormeals.com/delivery-area
$8 delivery fee (FREE DELIVERY for orders over $125)
For new customers, there is a one-time $8 account activation fee to cover the replacement costs of bags and ice packs.
Kitchen Door Gift Certificates make the perfect gift for people who have everything BUT the time and energy to cook. Available in any denomination.