Bastille Café & Bar + Cascade Bicycle Studio = Tour de France Celebration
“This is going to be a great event,” says Bastille co-owner, James Weimann. “We are big racing fans at Bastille and enjoy celebrating all things French – and the Tour de France, well that is the pièce de résistance!”
In celebration of the June 30 and July 12 events, Cascade Bicycle Studio will have three special Tour de France bicycles on display at Bastille the month of July.
- Saturday, June 30
- 7:00 am: Enthusiast Ride leaves Cascade Bicycle Studio – 2 hour ride, 17 mph controlled pace with everyone staying together.
- 8:30 am: Bicycle Parade leaves CBS. This guided ride will follow the Burke Gilman Trail to Ballard, and end at Bastille. All are welcome.
- 9:30 am: Viewing of the Tour de France Prologue with buffet brunch.
- Thursday, July 12
- 7:00 am: Enthusiast Ride leaves CBS. 2 hour ride, 17 mph controlled pace with everyone staying together.
- 9:30 am: Viewing of the Tour de France Mountain Stage 11 (Albertville-La Toussuire-Les Sybelles) with buffet brunch.
Opened in June of 2009 and housed in an historic 1920’s building in Seattle’s Old Ballard neighborhood, Bastille Café & Bar is a bustling homage to a Parisian brasserie. Owners Deming Maclise and James Weimann scoured Paris flea markets and local salvage stores for vintage accessories to create a truly authentic feel. From the white subway tiles, antique mirrors, and Paris Metro clock to the zinc-topped bar and stunning crystal chandelier that takes center stage in the Back Bar; they’ve truly hit the mark. Chef Jason Stoneburner creates French focused cuisine inspired by the abundance of seasonal product found locally—and it doesn’t get any more local than the restaurants 4500-square-foot organic rooftop garden.
The wine list is French focused with a smattering of NW wines and the bar offers an extensive collection of absinthe. Bastille is open 4:30pm to 12am Sunday through Wednesday and until 2am Thursday through Saturday. Dinner is served from 5:30pm to 10pm Sunday thru Thursday and until 11pm on Friday and Saturday. Brunch is served Sunday from 10am – 3pm. Happy Hour is daily from 4:30pm – 6pm and from 10pm to 12am Sunday thru Thursday. Bastille is available for private parties. For more information or reservations, call 206.453.5014 or visit www.bastilleseattle.com.