On January 25, Poquitos becomes a part of Seattle’s weekend morning routine with expanded brunch hours and a brand new menu. Chef Manny Arce has put together a killer combination of traditional Mexican breakfast dishes and American classics with feisty Mexican spins. Brunch will be served from 10:00am to 3pm Saturdays and Sundays henceforth.
From the “Mexicano, Original & Traditional Staples” side:
- Huevos Rancheros with crisp tortillas, black beans, two free-range eggs sunny side up, cilantro, cotija, and salsa roja or verde ($9)
- Add free-range chicken or house made chorizo ($3)
- Carne Asada & Eggs with Painted Hills bavette steak, two free-range eggs sunny side up, roasted potatoes, jalapeño, Ranchero sauce, and house made tortillas ($16)
And from the “Americana, Mexican Twists on American Classics” side:
- Biscuits & Chorizo Gravy with a house made biscuit, verde chorizo gravy, two free-range sunny side up eggs, and green onion ($11)
- Chicken & Churros with fried chicken, churros, maple syrup, and a side of chorizo gravy ($17)
- Shrimp & Grits with sautéed shrimp, salsa verde, creamy grits, and green onion ($15)
(There are also Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, for the less spice-inclined.)
And, of course, brunch cocktails: a Bloody Maria with house made tomato and spice blend with either jalapeño- or habanero-infused tequila, served on the rocks with salt ($7.50), a Zapopan Sunrise with El Jimador tequila, fresh squeezed orange juice, Combier orange liqueur and house made grenadine ($7.50) and one liter carafes of classic Mimosas or Poquitos Mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice, elderflower and hibiscus ($22).
Housed in a 1912 brick building in Seattle’s thriving Capitol Hill neighborhood, Poquitos serves authentic Mexican food created by chef Manny Arce. From the fresh made tortillas and guacamole stations to the thoughtfully sourced products, creative cocktails, and extensive collection of tequilas, every aspect of the restaurant is stellar. Owners, James Weimann and Deming Maclise, spent time traveling in Mexico City, and their inspiration is apparent in the stunning design and inviting atmosphere they created in the restaurant.
Poquitos is open weekdays at 11:30am, weekends at 10:00am for brunch. Happy hour is daily from4pm to 6pm and 11pm to 1am in the bar area and on the patio. Dinner is served from 5pm to 11pm. For more information or reservations, call 206.453.4216 or visit www.vivapoquitos.com.
Poquitos is located at 1000 East Pike Street (corner of 10th and Pike) on Capitol Hill in Seattle.