Proprietor and Pit Master at Jack’s BBQ Jack Timmons will be hosting a virtual BBQ smoked meats class via Zoom on August 22nd, 2020. With the nature of covid, businesses are adapting to an increase in remote experiences.
The smoked meats class will involve learning about the following:
- The history of Central Texas smoked meats
- Rubs, brines, sauces and injections
- How to trim brisket and ribs
- Different cooking techniques
- How to “feel” for doneness
- How to hold and how to slice
- How to smoke a cocktail!
The class includes:
- Smoked meats, vacuum sealed for easy reheat (enough for 1-2 people)
- A Jack’s BBQ chef apron
- Jack’s BBQ spice rubs
- Jack’s BBQ sauces
And for extra credit, you can purchase one of our uncooked Double R Ranch briskets (exclusive to Jack’s BBQ) and trim it at home along with us!
Double R Ranch briskets average 13 lbs raw, 7 lbs cooked.
Smoked Old Fashioned Cocktail kits average 12 cocktails.
Come pick up your Class Kit on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. The class starts at 5 pm on Saturday via Zoom, which we’ll email to you before the event.