By Charles Koh
SNOQUALMIE— Sample the seasonal honey harvest with cocktails, cuisine, and spa treatments created with the lodge’s signature sticky stuff. This event is to commemorate this season’s Salish honey harvest, The Lodge will host a Hive to Table reception complete with a Salish honey themed menu, mini honey hand treatments from The Spa and a meet and greet with both beekeeper Daniel Sullivan and Salish gardener Becky Harter. In the heart of the apiary setting near the Lodge’s organic garden, enjoy the ultimate dining experience of fresh, local and innovative culinary flare.
WHO: Salish Lodge & Spa
WHEN: Thursday, September 20, 2012 — 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Salish Lodge & Spa Apiary
6501 Railroad Avenue SE
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
The Hive to Table experience includes:
- Courses incorporating Charlie’s Produce, Willie Green’s Organic Farm, Full Circle Farms, the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe’s run of Coho salmon with charred Yakima white corn and organic summer beans, 100% grass-fed Washington Wagyu beef served with foraged mushrooms and baby vegetables, Salish honey caviar with wild currant mousse and much more.
- Truffle and honey tastings
- Mini honey scrub hand massages
- Signature cocktail creations infused with Salish honey and lavender and herbs from the garden
- Organic wine from Gilbert Cellars
- Northwest microbrews from The Attic in anticipation of the unveiling of the exclusive Salish honey beer – coming fall 2012 – from Snoqualmie Brewery and Taproom
DETAILS: Tickets cost $49 per person. Tickets can be purchased and reservations can be made via 1.800.2.SALISH. Make an evening of it and take advantage of an exclusive offer for Hive to Table guests and stay overnight for just $199.
About Salish Lodge & Spa
Consistently ranked among the best small resorts in the world, the AAA Four Diamond Salish Lodge & Spa overlooks the 268-foot Snoqualmie Falls. This iconic Pacific Northwest lodge offers regionally inspired treatments at the world-renowned spa, indigenous Northwest cuisine in The Dining Room, an award-winning wine list and a variety of recreational activities. Nestled in Washington’s picturesque Cascade Mountains, each of its 84 guest rooms has a wood-burning fireplace, two-person whirlpool tub, goose-down comforter, feather bed and balcony or window seat. The resort is located 30 minutes east of downtown Seattle and within 40 minutes from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Salish Lodge & Spa is managed and operated by Seattle-based Columbia Hospitality, Inc. For more information or reservations, please call 800-2-SALISH or visit www.salishlodge.com.
About Columbia Hospitality
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. (Columbia), a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting firm, was founded in 1995 by John Oppenheimer. Columbia’s growing portfolio of premier properties, including the award-winning boutique hotels of the Columbia Collection, conference centers, and distinctive venues offer world-class service in memorable destinations. Columbia creates exceptional experiences for guests and team members while achieving phenomenal results for owners. The company’s continued success has led to an international expansion of the consulting division and more than 100 hospitality development projects worldwide. For more information about Columbia and a full list of properties visit www.columbiahospitality.com.
One CommentLeave a Reply