Sibling chefs Sophie and Eric Banh have a very special evening planned for New Year’s Eve in North Capitol Hill. They’ll be offering a three-course menu full of refined Vietnamese dishes for $48/person. The menu includes celebratory offerings like oysters, a whole grilled fish, and pastry chef Roger Martinho’s famous “Double Happiness” pastries. The prix fixe menu will be offered alongside the regular menu—guests can order all their regular favorites as well!
First: (choose from one of the following)
- Shigoku & Kumamoto Oysters, mango granita
- Lobster Bisque Congee, roasted shiitake, truffle oil
- Lemongrass Mung Beans, lychee, persimmon, coconut cream, roasted peanut, broken rice powder
- Grilled Whole Branzino, fresh dill, galangal, shrimp sauce
- Saigon Curry Soup, king crab leg, roasted leek, kabocha squash
- Vegetarian option: the crab can be replaced with roasted maitake mushroom
- Braised Painted Hills Short Ribs, lemongrass, baby carrot, hominy
- Duck Two Ways: pan-roasted breast & leg confit, braised persimmon, rapini, sticky rice
Dessert: (choose from one of the following)
- Happiness Dumplings, black sesame, red beans, ginger syrup soup
- Monsoon Banana Cake, caramelized pineapple, savory coconut sauce
- Roger’s “Double Happiness” fried pastry, Valrhona chocolate, vanilla cream
Join the Monsoon family to close out 2014 with a gorgeous meal and ring in 2015 in style. Reservations available from 5pm to 10pm and are highly recommended. Reservations can be made by calling 206.325.2111 or by visiting www.monsoonrestaurants.com. Monsoon will be open on New Year’s Day, so drop by for the first rice bowl of the year at lunch!
Opened in 1999, by sibling chefs Sophie and Eric Banh, Monsoon is acclaimed for introducing modern Vietnamese cuisine to Seattle. Tucked into a quaint Capitol Hill neighborhood, this Seattle gem is widely influenced by the culinary traditions of Saigon, as well as the fresh ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. In addition to time spent in the kitchen, Eric maintains an award-winning wine list. Monsoon opens for lunch at 11:30am Monday – Friday and Saturday and Sunday at 10am for weekend brunch. Dinner is served from 5pm to 11pm. Happy hour is daily from 3pm to 6pm and again from 9pm to midnight Sunday – Thursday, 10pm to midnight Friday and Saturday in the newly expanded bar area. Monsoon offers local lunch box delivery. For reservations or more information, call 206.325.2111 or visit www.monsoonrestaurants.com.
Monsoon is located at 615 19th Avenue East in Seattle, Washington.