Wreathes with meaning. Wines with story.
Join Jess Buttermore of Cedar House Living and Jackson + Gretchen of Fruit Wine Co. for a unique opportunity to learn about botanicals and wine from local experts. As Jess guides us through making a magazine-worthy holiday wreath, Jackson will lead a wine tasting. After hours shopping of a curated collection of wines and local goods will be available exclusively for class attendees.
Reserve your tickets here.
Date and Time
Sunday, Nov 26, 2023 4-6 PM
Fruit Wine Co. Event Space, 1850 130th Ave NE, Suite 2, Bellevue WA 98005
Each attendee makes their own holiday wreath, as shown, complete with gold velvet ribbon. Jess will guide you step-by-step through her process for making this fragrant, durable, long-lasting wreath that will withstand the elements if hung outdoors or dry beautifully if adorning an inside mantle or wall. She will explain why each botanical was chosen and the symbolism of each of them, alongside teaching you fundamental wreath-making skills.
Wine Tasting Details
We will taste through a flight of holiday wines that are perfect for gatherings, epic dinners, and gifting, and with a variety of weights, textures, and styles. Jackson holds the title Master Sommelier, along with fewer than 300 worldwide, and will be guiding us through the tasting.
21+, tavern license
Each wreath kit includes a 12” diameter natural grapevine base, cedar freshly foraged from Cedar House Farm, two varieties of fresh eucalyptus, and willow tips (all foliage trimmed and conditioned). Floral wire paddle, scissors, twine, and velvet ribbon are also provided. All botanicals are fresh, biodegradable, high-quality, and sustainably and locally sourced.
What do I leave with?
– Your finished handmade wreath (approximately 28” in diameter); a substantial size that you will be proud to hang on the front door, above the fireplace mantle, over the stove, or gift to a loved one
– fundamental wreath-making and botanical knowledge
– a printed mini guide jam-packed with tips and tricks to give you the confidence to make custom, high-quality décor with fresh botanicals
– a feeling of accomplishment that you made something beautiful and meaningful
– memories from an evening dedicated just for you making new friends and sipping from a curated collection of organic wines in a welcoming, creative environment
– special holiday wine bottles you’ve purchased at the event for hosting your upcoming holiday party or dinner, or to gift to friends, neighbors, or bring as a hostess gift (and that relieving feeling that you’ve checked a few more names off your gift list!)
Is my wreath compostable?
This is considered a no waste craft. In the new year, your wreath can be disassembled, botanicals and twine composted, and the grapevine base, wire, and ribbon reused to create a spring-themed wreath. (Grapevine base is also compostable.)
How do I reserve my seat?
To join us for this magazine-worthy wreath-making workshop, simply add the wreath workshop into your cart. Then, add a tasting flight of curated wreath-making wines to your cart (optional but highly recommended!) and complete your checkout.
Whether you are a seasoned wreath-maker or just starting out, this workshop is for you. In the midst of all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, take this opportunity to grab a friend and slow down for a couple hours with us.
$75 includes workshop seat, wreath kit, take-home wreath-making guide, hearty snacks. $30 to add on a tasting flight of curated wreath-making wines. Wine by the glass will also be available for purchase at the workshop.