Cidermakers Announce the Third Annual Washington Cider Week. Celebrate the state’s most exciting beverage with more than 75 activities, September 5-15
- Experience the two-day Northwest Cider Summit festival at South Lake Union’s Discovery Center Park, featuring 110 ciders, 59 of which have never been poured at theCider Summit before.
- Dine through three and four course prix fixe cider pairing dinners at the VUDE at South Lake Union and the Gastropod in Seattle’s SoDo neighborhood.
- Explore gluten-free menu choices paired with ciders at the Northwest’s newest cider bar, Capitol Cider.
- Discover special ciders on tap at taverns from Yakima to Tacoma to Bellingham, and in the new pub at Whole Foods in Seattle’s on Westlake.
- Taste menu items created especially to pair with particular ciders at Café Flora in Madison Park, Prima Bistro on Whidbey Island, and Terra Plata on Capitol Hill.
- Cycle a cider trail through Seattle with stops at pubs along the route, each offering cider samples.
- Complete an educational cider short course conducted by Chris Lehault, cider columnist for SeriousEats.com, at The Pantry at DeLancey in Ballard.
- Follow cider-themed craft cocktail trails, making special appearances at Seattle bars and restaurants like Tavern Law, the Stumbling Goat, and Tilth.
- Enjoy sweet and savory chocolate and cider pairings at Bravehorse in South Lake Union (featuring Theo Chocolates) and the Chocolate Box, near Pike Place Market.
- Gather at casual events planned in the garden at Bottlehouse in Madrona and on the deck at Beveridge Place in West Seattle.
The Northwest Cider Association is a trade organization representing 32 cider producers throughout the Pacific Northwest in Washington, Oregon, Montana and British Columbia. Memberships are also available to individual cider enthusiasts, as well as retail shops, restaurants and beverage distributors.